cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Update decimal places on drawing

Clipper_captain
6-Contributor

Update decimal places on drawing

Greetings all,

I have a situation where there are dimensions on a drawing that show three place decimals. I would like to change them all to two place decimals without having to select each individual dimension. Is there a config or drawing setting that will change all the decimals to two place when the drawing is regenerated? Will the process be different if the dimensions are shown or created?
I have updated my config file for new drawings but I am working with existing drawings at this time.

Thank you all for any assistance that you can offer.

Have a good day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't think there is a way to change existing dimensions with config setting or drawing setup.

You can use the smart filter in the lower RH corner while on the annotate tab and set it to dimension and then window select the drawing sheet. Then change the decimal places of all selected dimensions.

You could also use the find command but it would still only do one sheet at a time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't think there is a way to change existing dimensions with config setting or drawing setup.

You can use the smart filter in the lower RH corner while on the annotate tab and set it to dimension and then window select the drawing sheet. Then change the decimal places of all selected dimensions.

You could also use the find command but it would still only do one sheet at a time.

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

I would recommend selecting all the dimensions as well and then changing the decimal places through that method.  Using the filter and selecting all the dimensions should allow you to change them all at once.  I am not aware of another method to change the decimal places after the model/drawing has already been created.

Top Tags