cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Updating Material Files

lkerila
1-Newbie

Updating Material Files

Happy holidays, everyone!

I'd like to update my ancient material files to make them more efficent for the users. At present, I've got a dozen or so common materials typical to our needs. These material files ONLY have density. On the other hand, I've got a nice apperance file with lots of colors, many of them specific to the same materials. I was poking around in the new material interface (I've never touched this stuff since well before Wildfire), and noticed that if I tried to assign a color to my material, I had to create one or use the PTC defaults. Is there a way to choose from my exisitng color palette?

If this cannot be done as I'd like... would anyone be willing to share their own files with me? I'd just like to have some common materials such as aluminum, steel, stainless, and the common engineering plastics such as ABS, PC, PC/ABS, nylon, etc.

Cheers!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags