cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Upgrading WF4 to Creo 3 TrueType font PDF export issues

cvansickle
2-Guest

Upgrading WF4 to Creo 3 TrueType font PDF export issues

Hello,

I am currently upgrading from WF4 to Creo 3 (M110).  I'm comparing out drawing export to PDF, and I'm seeing some issues when using true type fonts.

As you can see, the +/- symbol in the dimensions is overlapping the end of the dimension value.  This is only appearing after exporting the PDF with TrueType fonts.  Both the drawing in Creo and a PDF export with stroke fonts correctly displays the dimension symbols.  FYI, this is happening on other symbols too, this was just the best example.

Any ideas how I can export the PDF with TrueType fonts without this overlap?

Thank you,

Corey

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have tried this without success. This just results in the same stroking that selecting "Stroke All Fonts" ends up with.  The only thing I have been able to do to fix the problem was to change the font.  "win_font" will work for us.

Thank you all for the assistance.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

I can test your problem on my PC. Please create test part+drawing and upload them along with TTF font file. Use How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure for uploading files.

MH

Martin Hanák

I've attached a file zip file with the drawing and models.  I've also included screen shots of my PDF export settings and the text styles properties of the dimensions in question.

Also, when I export the PDF from Creo, the lines are much thicker than expected.

Please let me know if you need anything else.  Thank you.

Actually, I've found that if I change the font from "font" to "ttf_font" or "win_font" the issue is resolved, but I'm still curious as to what happened to the "font" that we've been using.

Thanks.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cvansickle)

With "Use TrueType Fonts" selected, Creo swaps out "font" for a different (internal) TrueType font with different spacing.  Problem is, it doesn't swap out the +/- symbol (or change it's location.)

I highly recommend enabling the hidden config option "intf2d_out_stroke_text".  It was added to Creo 3.0 M060 to provide the ability to create a PDF that exactly matches what Creo generates during printing.  With this enabled, TrueType fonts are output where available and all non-TrueType fonts (or special characters) are stroked.  (No substitution.)  See https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS205845 for more info.

You also may want to consider enabling the config option "intf2d_out_pdf_unicode".  This will allow you to output a larger range of TrueType font characters to the PDF.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS187914  (This applies to more than just Chinese characters.  See: Re: "greater than or equal to" symbol)

jbutler-2
11-Garnet
(To:TomU)

I've just had a check and the option

intf2d_out_pdf_stroke_non_ttf yes

actually works on my copy of Creo 2.0 M180 so it seems the change was backported despite the lack of any indication on the CS page.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:TomU)

Hi Corey Van Sickle,

I think that Tom provided brilliant explanation.

MH

Martin Hanák

I have tried this without success. This just results in the same stroking that selecting "Stroke All Fonts" ends up with.  The only thing I have been able to do to fix the problem was to change the font.  "win_font" will work for us.

Thank you all for the assistance.

Hi,

I think that the root of your problem is the fact that in ProE WF4 you used so called improper technique. You set ProE font named font as default drawing font. Then ProE WF4 converted this font during PDF export into some TTF font and ... fortunately the result was acceptable for you.

In CR3 PDF export works the same way, this means CR3 converts ProE font named font into some TTF font and ... unfortunately the result is NOT acceptable for you.

Please do not think deeply why WF4 produces good result and CR3 does not. Simply said PDF export is implemented differently in these builds.

My personal rules follow:

Rule 1: When I export PDF I want to get text displayed the same way as in ProE/Creo drawing (no font conversion is allowed)

Rule 2: Do not mix ProE fonts and TTF fonts in a drawing.

Rule 3: If a drawing contains ProE fonts then Stroke All Fonts option must be selected.

Rule 4: If a drawing contains TTF fonts then Use TrueType Fonts option must be selected.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags