cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Use a relation to select table of table restricted parameters

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite

Use a relation to select table of table restricted parameters

Hi, I have a large number of paints and pigments that I would like to split into more manageable groups. I have been attempting to set this up as either Red, Green ,Blue etc as we can have a huge list otherwise. Also I might want to make this selection by clients colour pallet.

I have table1 as a list of Red paints with other detail (alternative suppliers and paint codes), Table2 is similar for Greens and Blues.

I would like to use another parameter Base_colour it would be (Red,Green,Blue......) to select the table I need and if the colour changes from Red to Blue it will know to look at another table.

I have attempted to create the relation but it isn't working and I can't see how to make creo look to the other table.

I want something along the lines of;

IF Base_colour=Red

Table = Table1

else

if base_colour=Green

Table = Table2

else

Table = Table3

endif

endif

any input would be great on this

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RoyCrerar)

You need to go further into your programming to get that. Expressions and relations alone will not work.

You need to use a Drawing Program that can switch layers depending on your parameter expression.

You set up your tables for each color on a layer, then turn on and off layers depending on the color.

It takes a bit to understand and program.

Not sure if that will do what you want, but something to consider.

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not looking to actually change the appearance of the component. I just want to pull in the notes that are a subset of a massive colour list. Did you think I was trying to actually change the appearance of the part? I have seen that done a long time ago, it was a lot of bother if I remember correctly.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RoyCrerar)

No, using the Drawing program will not change the appearance are configuration of your part/assembly. You need Pro/Program or other API based tools for that.

The drawing program will turn layers on and off depending on a parameter value. So your Red color table can be on one layer and Blue color table can be on another layer. With the parameter set to Red, the Red layer will be on and other layers off.

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Sounds like a plan. I'll give it a try. Cheers for the tip. Let you know how I get on.
Top Tags