cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Users unable to view AutoCAD 2010 Drawings in PVLite

CBaker
1-Newbie

Users unable to view AutoCAD 2010 Drawings in PVLite

Hello all,

We've started to import AutoCAD 2010 drawings into our Windchill system, and some users are reporting that they're unable to view these drawings with ProductView (we're using Product View Lite version 9.1 M040). What's odd is that they're able to view the other drawings we have in our system (SolidWorks, Pro/Engineer), and not all of the users are having this issue with AutoCAD drawings (I'm able to view them, for example).

The attached image displays what they're seeing. The progress/loading ring at the top right just keeps cycling and nothing loads. I've verified that the users have up to date graphics drivers, but I'm not sure what else I could check to fix this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

- CB

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
jtjohnson
5-Regular Member
(To:CBaker)

When users install PV Lite there is an option to include the ability to
view AutoCAD drawings. It is possible that the users experiencing
problems did not select that option.

AutoCAD drawings are not converted to a neutral viewing format like the
other drawing types you mention when checked in, because PV has the
ability to view the native files with the proper option installed.

Jeff

321-591-3515 (cell)

321-727-7046 (office)

CBaker
1-Newbie
(To:CBaker)

That did it - it looks like the users are able to view AutoCAD drawings now. Thanks, Jeffrey!

- CB

In Reply to Jeffrey Johnson:

When users install PV Lite there is an option to include the ability to
view AutoCAD drawings. It is possible that the users experiencing
problems did not select that option.

AutoCAD drawings are not converted to a neutral viewing format like the
other drawing types you mention when checked in, because PV has the
ability to view the native files with the proper option installed.

Jeff

321-591-3515 (cell)

321-727-7046 (office)

Top Tags