cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Using text in creo parametric

ptc-5678539
1-Newbie

Using text in creo parametric

I have finally upgraded to creo parametric 1.0 after having used pro/desktop for a long time. I am new to the program, and I having a difficult time figuring out text. I am designing a clock that will be 3d printed, and I want to have the Roman numerals along the edges of the circle. I managed to get the XII in place, around the edge of the circle by checking the box in the text menu, but I cannot move the other numbers to where I would like them to be, much less dimension them so that they are all equidistant. Can anyone dumb it down enough for me to understand? Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

You probably have constrains in the sketch locking them in vertically.

Draw the text height line on an angle and you will regain your freedom to move the text around.

Yea, I have been trying to angle it or try to trick it into letting me move it, but I think the problem stems from me wanting the numbers to be placed along the curve, sort of like the picture below. Thanks for the suggestion.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-5678539)

Something like this?

clock.JPG

Yea thats exactly the problem, No matter which orientation I choose, it isn't where I want it. Is there some way I could just place the text where I want it manually instead of having to choose one of only a few orientation choices?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

oh, you want the opposite of a certain position. yeah just put it anywhere you want then.

That's precisely the problem, I try to drag it around the rim of the circle, where I'd like it to be, and I cant. It's as if it's locked because I have it along the curve. If I un-check the box that says place along curve, I can move it wherever I want, but it isn't curved.

You cannot "warp" the characters to conform to the circular curve. You can only "place" the characters along a curve. If all you want to do is use the curve as a reference, use it as a section reference and not a "place along curve" reference. Sketches are very powerful, but you have to be very specific to meet your end goal.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

I guess I don't fully understand what you want. If you want it placed on the curve, then you can put the curve where you want it?

CLOCK2.JPG

Top Tags