cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Vanishing BoM Balloons

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Vanishing BoM Balloons

We have a couple of drawings with exploded views. The Repeat region was changed from flat to recursive during the course of creation and no problems were detected while putting on the BoM balloons for the first time.

Recently, on one drawing, when one of my users replaced a couple components, all of the BoM balloons vanished from the drawing.

We've tried the following without success:

Table tab, Create Balloons, Create Balloons - All

Table tab, Create Balloons, Create Balloons - By View

Right click in the Model Tree looking for an option to show balloons (even Create Ref Balloons was missing)

Clear the region, then attempt to create balloons again via All or By View

Look in the drawing tree for hidden/erased annotation features (Draft: BOM Balloon)

Select all components via the filter, then pick Create Balloons - All

The one thing that seems to work, which is a pain in the rear, is picking Table tab, Create Balloons, Create Balloons - Component and View, Ctrl + individually pick every component in the view.

What am I missing here? It's got to be something simple. Unless it was a new piece of jankiness that was undetected for this particular build.

4 REPLIES 4
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:DonSenchuk)

Hello Don Senchuk

my first idea is: Do you have the same simplyfied rep in BOM table and desired drawing view?

Milan Bonka

It does not work on Creo 4.0 M020 😞

Hi,

if you upload your files and provide detail description of your problem, then I hope somebody helps you.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags