cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Very slow until dimension properties pops up.

RVA
4-Participant
4-Participant

Very slow until dimension properties pops up.

Since the update from Creo 2.0 M230 to M250, I have large speed issues.

When opening dimension properties, it takes 30 seconds until the pop-up screen appears. The same when editing something in a table....

Are there some settings I have to change after the updta from M230 to M250?

4 REPLIES 4
Tdaugherty
16-Pearl
(To:RVA)

A few questions:

1. Are you working with large or heavyweight data? 
  2. Is the drawing a multi-sheet drawing or a single-sheet drawing?

I find that when commands get slow in Creo it's often that the data is very complicated graphically. The problem gets even worse when you add hidden lines in drawing views to the equation. It would be worth testing to see if the problem you are encountering occurs when working with a new drawing that contains a single part model.

RVA
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:Tdaugherty)

I compared the same assemblies and drawings before and after the update to M250. It's really strange that there is such a difference. Overal is the update to M250 positive, because most things are going a little bi faster, but a few things are really going wrong.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RVA)

Just out of curiousity, why did you upgrade? If you think it is causing too much of a slowdown, you can downgrade back to the M230 release.

RVA
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Overall speed is better, only a few problems when opening the dimension properties, when adding text into a cell of a table....

Top Tags