cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

WF5_M020 - PDF export

ptc-193576
1-Newbie

WF5_M020 - PDF export

Hello, PTC solved problem with small axes and thickness of text in pdf files, but new pdf files have 3x - 5x more kB. It look like that some compression algoritm missing.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Another problem, generated pdf files have no same administration rules as upper directory. It mean I can´t copy and open files through ethernet.

The PDF files does not get any bigger in size for me using WF5 M020. Have you checked Settings for PDF so that you don't use the highest Resolution? Within Settings it's also possible to change Security settings.

Hello Magnus, Resolution is still the same 300 dpi and nothing marked in security book-mark.

Jiri: I have a workaround for the permissions issue. Your exported pdfs will inherit permission from your temp folder, so just change permissions for that folder to whatever you need for your pdfs. It should be Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp. Here's what I think is happening when you export: 1. Pro/E saves a numbered pdf into your temp directory, correctly inheriting the security settings of the temp folder. 2. Pro/E then copies and renames this file to the location you specified in the export dialog, and copies the security settings of the original file, instead of inheriting from the destination folder like it should, and like it did in M010. Let me know if this works for you.

Bryen: Permision works ... Thanks We have still problems with crashing proe during creating of pdfs from *.drw. Drawings are with color views, with nohiden option works proe normaly. xtop.exe is about 1,2 GB. System XP32 bit with 3G switch on boot.

WF 5, M010, Since we can not plot direct to out HP 4000ps we have to creat pdf files. This frequently improperly adjusts spacing in notes, especially if we have used a symbol (such as plus/minus, Dia or Degree symbol) and it sometimes generates stray vectors off the edge of the page. Hopefully PTC comes up with the plotter driver soon. Bruce

[quote="Jiri Cakl"]Bryen: Permision works ... Thanks Hello Jiri, I'd like to know how to make the workaround for exporting PDFs. I also got the same experience as you do. the lines in my drawing got thicker and the files size is larger compared to WF5 M010 exports. can you give me the procedure on how to edit the permission? thanks

Hello Johnleo, permisssions solve only problem with administration rules of created Pdfs. Size of pdfs still not solved. Today maybe will be new subversion M030.

Jiri- I have a drawing when I select the Save as PDF button will produce a file which is 2 mb. A few days ago I incorrectly selected the Email PDF button, the file opened along with a new email message. I decided to save this PDF to my desktop and in doing so reduced the file size to 850 kb. I'm using this process now for all PDF generation. I hope this helps..... Stacy

To Stacy I have similar result with this procedure. Before 4 mb after 4 mb.
Top Tags