cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

WF5 slow by local network

ViktorSchneider
1-Newbie

WF5 slow by local network

Dear Everybody,

I wonder if somebody could help me.

I'm using ProE WF5 M030 on Dell Precision T3500.

The connection speed in our local network is 1Gbit.

My problem: if I set the working dir on my own hard drive, the proe working very good,

but in case I set it on the local network server hard drive, the proe will be very-very slow (open, save, regenerate, export...etc.).

There is no virus scanner on the server, only on my computer (KAV for workstation).

Has somebody an idea?

Thanks in advance!

Viktor

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Viktor,

ALL CAD companies including PTC do not recommend working over the network for the exact same reason you are seeing, slow processing saves and opens. It is ALWAYS better and more efficient to work locally, then push files back onto the network at the time when you need to share the files.

Brian

Dear Brian,

Thanks for quick reply!

Yes, I know the official recommendation, but it's same slow to copy every day 200-300MB folders from the server to my hard disk and vice versa...

I know the Intralink and Windchill systems, but we are a small office, we don't need them.

I tried some registry and proe config adjustment, but I did'nt find usable.

Viktor

Top Tags