cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

WHIRL MIXER

visu
1-Newbie

WHIRL MIXER

Dear Folks

I have received a drawing from customer.

I can't understand the drawing, Please guide me.

I have attached screenshot please view it and give your valuable commens.

Regards

Viswanathan.K

1234.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Technically, this is what the drawing defines without further information. No method of attachment of the vanes. Also, dimensions b & c are assumed as 30 and 50, although it leaves a non-circular center. Post machined? Are b & c accommodation values to better represent a circular center and circumference?

If the original drawing is a DXF, you should be able to get b & c values, but looking at the drawing, and the vane thickness of the other vanes in the section, I might not trust that either.

swirl_plate.PNG

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:visu)

It looks like an air diffuser plate. The outside circle is a "plate/ring" of material. The inside eight items are vanes that once cut (probably laser cut) are bent on a 30 degree angle. with the edge of the vanes still attached to the "plate/ring". I saw them a lot in the boiler industry to create a swirl in the air stream to mix air and fuel for combustion. The inside circle is a void - or absence of material.

Thanks, Dale

The drawing is certainly not complete... is it a stamping, is the vain interface to the disk welded? Essentially, the details of the transition is missing. If it is formed, then the internal tooth star washer is agood example.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

The boiler company I worked for had been around since 1865, and we had drawing that were 100 plus years old. Some took training from one builder to the next to understand how to fabricate it from the 2d drawings.

Technically, this is what the drawing defines without further information. No method of attachment of the vanes. Also, dimensions b & c are assumed as 30 and 50, although it leaves a non-circular center. Post machined? Are b & c accommodation values to better represent a circular center and circumference?

If the original drawing is a DXF, you should be able to get b & c values, but looking at the drawing, and the vane thickness of the other vanes in the section, I might not trust that either.

swirl_plate.PNG

Dear Antonius Dirriwachter

Could you please attach the .prt file.

We using creo element pro 5.0 version.

Regards

Viswanathan.K

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I use Creo 2.0 so your version could not open the PRT file.

See the attached step file.

Thank you so much. By your 2D drawing i was so clear about the product and once again thank you so much. I saw your step file, but before that i created in my version as '.prt' file.

By using revolving option, and changing cordinates direction the vanes created and pattern to 8 segments.

Ist there any other easy way to create?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Viswanathan.K

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Like with anything PTC, there are many ways to create this. One is not better than the other.

I have creo 2.0 personaly. Could you please attach it?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

attached

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Where I worked, they were laser cut and hand bent. Not pretty. Not exact, but that was boiler room tolerances not aerospace. And if I remember correct it was about 1/8-1/4" of material (depending on the size of the overall part) not cut that was holding the vane onto the ring.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

If there's an overlap in the vanes, it can't be stamped. If it's plastic, you'll need a spinning core or 2, and draft gets complicated. If it's a weldment, it's ok.

It can if you stamp hard enough.

That's what purchasing agents are tought... "stamp your foot hard enough and the earth will move for you..."

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Yup....and managers......

Top Tags