cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

What is the best method to name twisted pair wires with same colors in datatable csv

CW3R
1-Newbie

What is the best method to name twisted pair wires with same colors in datatable csv

I have a 12pr cable where individual wire colors are duplicated but the pair combination is unique. I am using $$index$$ spool_name color and cond_id in the following way:

1 WHT_BLU WHT_BLU 1

2 BLU_WHT BLU_WHT 2

This is the first pair and index 1 is the white wire and index 2 is the blue wire. I attached the complete file.

Is this the best method for naming the individual wires in the datatable .csv datatable file? Is there are standard naming convention for this?

What is the best method when each pair has a black wire? (ie BLK_RED, BLK_BLU, BLK_WHT...)

Note: These wires are not striped.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags