cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

What is the reason to get BOM balloon cleanup error while creating drawing from template ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

What is the reason to get BOM balloon cleanup error while creating drawing from template ?

Hi..

I am trying to create a automatic drawing from template, but it gives me below error. so please can i know, what is the reason of error and how to remove it.

I am using this template for another asm it works but for 1-2 asm i am getting such error.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Prashant,

This is not an error message but a warning message.

When the user shows BOM balloons, Creo will automatically move them around so they are nicely positioned, not overlapping or crossing over each other, or pointing deeper into the view geometry than is necessary, etc.  This operation is not perfect, and sometimes it won't be able to position the balloons (or possibly, some of the balloons) nicely. In this case, it notifies the user that manual clean-up may be needed.

Thanks,

Amit

Thanks Amit for your reply,

Actually due to this i am getting another issue i.e. on sheet 1 i have created top level assembly BOM table and BOM balloons and in sheet 2 I am creating drawing for its sub assembly and placing BOM table for same, now the issue is when i am creating BOM balloons on sheet to for sub assembly it don't allow me to create balloons and giving below error.

Capture.JPG

That is my main aim to create BOM balloons on sheet 2. When i tried to create same asm drawing by using format instead of template then it is creating properly.

Also for other asm i checked for create BOM balloons on sheet 1 and sheet 2, it works properly. but for this asm drawing having issue, so not getting exact reason and solution or process to avoid such things.

Thanks

Prashant Pandarkar

Hi Prashant,

Regarding the first error message - There can only be one BOM balloon region in a view template.

The drawing has template items in it.  Templates are restricted and can only have one BOM region.  Drawing could also have been created from an out of date template.  There is a workaround to fix the issue:

1. File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Detail Options > change > Save a Copy > Close
  2. File > New > Drawing > Empty with format > pick a format > OK
  3. File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Detail Options > change > Retrieve from File
  4. Insert > Shared Data from file > pick the original drawing > Edit > Remove > Sheet > enter 1

Regarding the second error message - Invalid view for showing BOM Balloons for the region.

This is usually reported when the simplified representation that is set for the repeat region and the drawing view are not same.  You can fix this by doing the following:

Change the Model/Rep status for either the repeat region or the drawing view to make the two match.

• To set/change representation of table region
  1. Select Table > repeat Region > Model/Rep on TBL REGIONS right side menu manager
  2. Select the table once, browse and select the associated assembly model and select required simplified representation
  3. Select Confirm from right side menu manager

• To set/change representation of drawing view
  1. Select the drawing view, select right click pop-up menu option Properties
  2. Select View States category and set required simplified representation in the drawing view properties dialog

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags