cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Whole Dimensions with trailing zero's

ChrisVanHoeck
1-Newbie

Whole Dimensions with trailing zero's

If I have a whole dimension say 103 and I want it to say 103.00, how do I do this? I have already changed my sketcher_dec_places and def_dec_places to be 4 but it does not work for whole dims.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

"Chris VanHoeck" wrote:

If I have a whole dimension say 103 and I want it to say 103.00, how do I do this? I have already changed my sketcher_dec_places and def_dec_places to be 4 but it does not work for whole dims.

I'm using WF3. Even with the lead_trail_zeros set to std_default, my trailing zeros are still not showing for whole number dims. Is this a bug?
kpatin
1-Newbie
(To:kpatin)

As an update to my post below. After reading the ProE help again, I tried the std_english setting to show trailing zeros. It worked. I also tried both. It worked. However, I confirmed the std_default did not work. It'd be nice if ptc just offered more intuitive settings for this option such as show_trailing_only, show_leading_only, both and none. It'd also be nice if they worked as stated.

the dimension-> properties -> format-> number of decimal places

"Kevin Patin" wrote:

As an update to my post below. After reading the ProE help again, I tried the std_english setting to show trailing zeros. It worked. I also tried both. It worked. However, I confirmed the std_default did not work. It'd be nice if ptc just offered more intuitive settings for this option such as show_trailing_only, show_leading_only, both and none. It'd also be nice if they worked as stated.

Top Tags