cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Why can't I add the Text Style command to the RMB menu?

jsparre
3-Visitor

text_style_question.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is set inside the programmation of Creo and be limited by the definition of "PRO_LINE_SIZE" that is 80. : )

So yes it can be changed but only by PTC. And they need to redefine / recompile all other connected products that working with parameters. So I think it won't be happen so soon. I mean long file name support is defined and worked on since Creo 3.0 (aviability in the API, ...) and should be now released with the Creo 5.0 (around 3 - 4 years later). I think that's the same timeframe they need to think about if they like to change the parameter length. Because parameters are deeply integrated inside the system (Dimension, Parameters, ... ).

So I'm not workin for PTC and didn't know it for sure. That's just asumes that I do with my knowledge of 10 years PTC API (TK, OTK, JLink, WebLink) developer.

Br,

Eike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi ...

the filename is max. 32 characters long. The PTC_COMMON_NAME is a parameter inside of Creo and that are maxed with 80 characters. So what you can do is to split your information into multiple parameters and build it together elsewere. AFAIK the filename length should be changed in Creo 5.0 to ~180 charactes, but the Parameterlength shouldn't be changed.

So if you change your windchill it doesn't match to the 80 characters of the parameter and so you can't push in more. You have afaik atm no chance to change this length.

Br,

Eike

Hi Eike

Thanks for info.

I have no intension of changing the filename length, we only use 8 chars for filename, so 32 is enough.

Regarding Name, Common Name, New Name, PTC_COMMON_NAME or what it's called, I just want to be able to enter more chars. I thought it was maybe Windchill limiting the input, and therefore I suggested a change here.

But somewhere there must be a setting, either in CREO or Windchill defining the 80 chars limit Smiley Happy 

and maybe it can be changed?

/Jon

It is set inside the programmation of Creo and be limited by the definition of "PRO_LINE_SIZE" that is 80. : )

So yes it can be changed but only by PTC. And they need to redefine / recompile all other connected products that working with parameters. So I think it won't be happen so soon. I mean long file name support is defined and worked on since Creo 3.0 (aviability in the API, ...) and should be now released with the Creo 5.0 (around 3 - 4 years later). I think that's the same timeframe they need to think about if they like to change the parameter length. Because parameters are deeply integrated inside the system (Dimension, Parameters, ... ).

So I'm not workin for PTC and didn't know it for sure. That's just asumes that I do with my knowledge of 10 years PTC API (TK, OTK, JLink, WebLink) developer.

Br,

Eike

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:jsparre)

There is no setting to change the length of a string parameter.

If you have PTC support this article may help:

https://support.ptc.com/apps/solution_preview/solution/lang/presolution?lang=en&n=CS162190

You may be able to use a Note annotation feature, but I think it isn't compatible with Relations or with Windchill.

Top Tags