cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Why does pan/zoom in one drawing sheet affect all sheets?

lroose
1-Newbie

Why does pan/zoom in one drawing sheet affect all sheets?

I'm new to PTC products and have been using Creo 2.0 for less than a year (now on M100). When working on a drawing, I've found that when I pan and zoom on a certain area of one sheet, all sheets follow. This is cumbersome when working on a sheet and I need to temporarily refer to a different area of another sheet. I am forced to pan/zoom each time I switch sheets. I understand from others around my department that this is just the way it works. However, I've also learned (through extensive forum searches) that Creo changed a lot of things so I decided it's a good time for my first post.

Is there a way to pan/zoom independently on each sheet of a drawing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:lroose)

Welcome to the forum!!!

I would agree that this is always the way it's been. I use that particular functionality when checking rev #'s on each sheet to make sure they are all correct. I haven't seen a way to change it.

If you don't get the answer you like, you can create an "idea" for a future enhancement.

Yes, I certainly agree it's handy when working on or reviewing the same area on every sheet. However, it's inefficient when one needs to compare views/sheets to ensure no duplication of dimensions or notes. Thanks for the reminder about recommending an idea.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:lroose)

You can open multiple windows for a drawing with independent sheets in the windows. It works well with a second monitor.

I don't recall having to activate one window vs the other. It seemed like if the windows were on the same sheet, one could start a line in one window and finish sketching in the other.

I forgot to mention that I'm also running Windhill 10.1 M030 (not sure if this matters or not). I cannot open the same drawing twice in the same session so I tried launching another session of Creo and opening the same drawing. However, I couldn't reproduce the *sketch a line* process you described. I could only finish the line in the same window where I started. Also, I created a note in one window but it didn't show in the other. Then I clicked save in the window with the note and the note still didn't show in the other. There seems to be no *live* connection between the two sessions. Am I misunderstanding what you're doing?

Top Tags