cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Window resizes every time I open a drawing

jmeyerson
1-Newbie

Window resizes every time I open a drawing

I am working on something that I need creo and excel open simultaneusly, so I put creo on half the screen, and excel on the other half. I can open parts fine, but if I open a drawing, the creo window resizes to take up almost all of the screen. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Josh,

I searched for the related config options "open_window_maximized", "windows_scale" and "reserved_menu_space"

Try to set these config options with required values.

Regards,

Sachin Mahajan

I use AutoIT to handle this situation.

It's a free programming language that can look at window titles and react based on them, such as (not exact, but close enough to give the idea)

while(1) ; forever

$size_creo = WinGetPos("Creo Active")

$size_excel = WingetPos("Excel")

IF WinActive("Creo Active") and $size[2] <> right_width and $size[0] <> left_edge then

WinMove("Creo Active", new size, loc)

WinMove("Excel", new size, loc)

EndIf

wend

Leave this running when you want the split screen and stop it when you don't.

Top Tags