cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

adding thread dimensions

deia_2008
1-Newbie

adding thread dimensions

i want to make drawing on creo 2 showing the dimension of pitch, pitch diameter and other like the attached picture . thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Someone came up with the number and it is not part of the hole feature:

pitch_dia_overwrite.PNG

If you are asking how to erase the arrow... Erase the opposite extension line. You can drag the leader line to where you want.

single_dim_arrow.PNG

Proper definition of these dimensions use double arrows. But this file is from an older version of Pro|E.

The double arrows are not supported on this particular file.

Creating a new drawing support the double arrow:

double_arrow.PNG

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

all dimensions of thread can be display just the pitch , and pitch diameter , please need a help

See if there is anything in this document that helps:

Yet another Thread thread - UTS Implementation

You can create a similar sketch as what I am doing the attachments and add the additional information you want.

I do model threads from time to time and it is fairly straight forward using this method. I keep the sketches in my sketch palette and once the thread is created, I relate other features back to the data from the sketch.

thanks Mr TomD.inPDX but my problem not for creating thread for 3d model , my problem how to display annotations of the pitch and the pitch diameter in drawing ( 2D )

thanks again

waiting your help

* i attached drawing and the required annotations marked with a red color

Most people do not specify pitch diameter for screw threads anymore.

These are typical of special requirements. These notes you have to develop for yourself. There is no field for this in the hole tables. However, you could edit a hole table and use one of the other fields for this information.

thanks again

the attached file(*.drw) show what i want to do , there is easy way but i cant not remember

The attachment is missing the part file and will not open.

i hope that work

Sorry demac, I prefer not to open RAR files.

You can save a drawing directly to ZIP (save-as) and it will include all applicable files.

ohhh thanks Mr Antonius Dirriwachter this is new information for me the best way for saving files

Someone came up with the number and it is not part of the hole feature:

pitch_dia_overwrite.PNG

If you are asking how to erase the arrow... Erase the opposite extension line. You can drag the leader line to where you want.

single_dim_arrow.PNG

Proper definition of these dimensions use double arrows. But this file is from an older version of Pro|E.

The double arrows are not supported on this particular file.

Creating a new drawing support the double arrow:

double_arrow.PNG

Hope that helps.

thank you very much

Top Tags