cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

both text and dimension in a relation

FredrikIversen
1-Newbie

both text and dimension in a relation

Hello

We have a parameter for the dimension. We call it "dim_drawn" and it shows in the drawing.

I want to show this in the drawing "30x20 L=100"

"30x20 L=" types manually but I want have 100 automatically from the model.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Is the 100 coming from a parameter? Have you tried &parameter_name, where that is the name of the parameter you are using?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Or if it is coming from a dimension, you could use &d32 where that is the name of the dimension that you are getting the value. To get the name from the part or assembly, go to Info->SwitchDimension and the dimensions will now show with the dimension names instead of the values. Hope either of these helps. Dale

If it's a model dim, you can also edit the dim properties and add the "30x20 L=" test to the dim itself. Then it'll show in the model and the drawing.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

If I understand you correctly, the parameter 'DIM_DRAWN' is what gives you the dimension, in this case 100.

So to get a note to show "30x20 L=100" , you would type:

30x20 L=&DIM_DRAWN[.0]

The '[.0]' part makes it show the value of the parameter with 0 decimal places. If you wanted 100.0, you would put '[.1]'

I hope this helps

Cheers,

John

I mean like this.

We type the sizes in this parameter, for example 30x20 L=100

In the drawing it would show 30x20 L=100 in the bom-list.

I want to type "30x20 L=" manually and get the 100 from the model (its the length of the part, for example d4)

I would do this in som flexible parts that only varies in the length. Then it always would be correct dimension in the bom-list.

I hope you understand

Try this relation:

Dimmensions in model:

A=30 (parameter or dimmension from model)

B=20 (parameter or dimmension from model)

D3= dimmension of lenght (variable)

Relation:

PARAMATER="L_profile "+itos(A)+"x"+itos(B)+"; L="+itos(D3)

Result after regeneration:

PARAMETER=L_profile 30x20; L=500

Than call PARAMETER in your BOM.

Legend:

1) ITOS == convert INTEGER to STRING

2) "string text" == write general text between QUOTATION MARK

3) don´t forget input + mark betwwen

TIP:

If you need more space between letter put +" "+ it will make a free space.

Hope it will help you...

Thank you.

That´s exactly what I want.

Top Tags