cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

constriction lines

dabuhassabu
4-Participant

constriction lines

how to display constriction lines in drawing mode

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For the Bolt circle diameter you will need to create the bolt hole pattern as a radial pattern. You will need your drawing .dtl file to have the setting of:

radial_pattern_axis_circle Yes

After the dtl file is set correctly, and you have the bolt circle patterned then you can go to the drawing and use your "show model annotations" button and show the axes in that view and your center bolt circle axis and well as all  the hole axis will show as in your picture attached.

Hope this helps,

Shane V.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I'm not aware that you can display construction lines of a sketch if that is what you are asking. If I need something like that in a drawing I will draw a separate curve or curves in the part and if needed or desired change the line properties to a dash or phantom or centerline to show in a drawing. There are snap lines in a drawing that can be created and shown that are used to help clean up a view by aligning dimensions.

dabuhassabu
4-Participant
(To:mpeterson)

i did not understand you , but  i attached what i want to do .thanks for help

Sorry, but don't know. You could create a curve and make it dependent on the hole pattern and then change the line properties to a centerline style as a work around.

dabuhassabu
4-Participant
(To:mpeterson)

thanks Mr.Mark for help also i benefited from your answer thank you very much

For the Bolt circle diameter you will need to create the bolt hole pattern as a radial pattern. You will need your drawing .dtl file to have the setting of:

radial_pattern_axis_circle Yes

After the dtl file is set correctly, and you have the bolt circle patterned then you can go to the drawing and use your "show model annotations" button and show the axes in that view and your center bolt circle axis and well as all  the hole axis will show as in your picture attached.

Hope this helps,

Shane V.

Top Tags