cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

delete format

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

delete format

Is it possible to delete the format from a drawing.... Not just turn off the display. I want to delete it completely.
I know it's weird but that what is needed.

Thanks
Tw

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TracyWillis)

A drawing has to have a format. You can make a completely empty format and switch to this one.

Tracy,

Do a "sheet setup", select the format that is listed and it will give you an arrow for a drop down menu. In the drop down menu, select the size that the drawing currently is (unless you want to change the size) and it will remove the format.

Donna Andersen
CAD Designer

Medallion Instrumentation Systems
17150 Hickory Street
Spring lake, Michigan 49456

Phone : 616-850-8018
TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

Let me clarify - not needing to replace the format or change the size.. I need a file that does not have a format file at all.
It's ok if it shows the sheet size border.
Basically, like when you're starting a new drawing...
You pick your paper size and you have the options for "Use Template" "Empty with format" and "Empty".
I have this drawing that has a format and need to change it to "empty"
If that's possible.

Tw

Should be able to change it to a custom size and "Remove All" for "All format tables".

Joshua Houser

(have I talked to you about FIRST robotics yet?)

Pelco by Schneider Electric

Methods & Tools Sr. Engineer

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

Thanks Everyone - I got it now.. re-selecting a size changes it to empty. I didn't catch that in some of the early replies.

Thank you again all - everyone have a good evening.

Tw
Top Tags