cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

dim properties dialog box (part)

ptc-726111
1-Newbie

dim properties dialog box (part)

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!

I know many of you are not working this week, and I am hoping someone will have knowledge about the problem I am having with Pro-E. I am trying to set-up Pro-E Wildfire 4.0 (M200) 64-bit Win 7 at another company. It has been a long time since I have last set-up Pro-E. Here is the problem:

• Cannot move dimension or dim text in part file. In part file --> edit --> select dim / RMB --> properties. When I try to select move, move text, etc. from the dimension properties dialog box they are grayed-out (see attached JPEG).

Why can I not move the dimension of a feature or sketch in part mode? I do not have this problem using Pro-E WF 3.0 on my own laptop, so I am wondering something has changed between WF 3.0 and WF 4.0? Is this a config.pro setting that needs to be changed? Is so, what is that setting?

Regards,

Chris Thompson, CSWP
Appian Way Technologies LLC
Powell, Ohio 43065
www.appianwaytech.com
(614) 595-3751

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hello,

Here is an update that solved the problem of "Move text" being "greyed out" when editing a sketch in the part mode:

• This email is regarding your case 10617401 with the following description: “Customer goes to edit a sketch / feature and clicks on the dimension and goes to properties. In the drop box, "Move text" is greyed out.” Please try changing the config.pro option "display_annotations" to "yes."

It worked fine after updating my config.pro file.

Chris

Top Tags