cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimensions

Highlighted
Participant

dimensions

How can you prevent the item you are dimensioning from moving when you place the dimension?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

RE: dimensions

I don't understand. Are you in a drawing or a model? Are you "showing" model dimensions, or placing user created dimensions?
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Highlighted

You mean when you change the dimension value(In sketcher mode) at that time it regenerates full sketch. For that in sketcher tool(Inside sketcher mode) there is an icon below dimension icon, Click this icon select dimensions those you want to change and uncheck regenerate dialog box now change the value of all the dimensions as per your requirement and hit ok button. Hope it will help you. Vimlesh Patelia.
Highlighted

It can be done, 1) Select the dimension and then right click on it, 2) A pop up menu will appear, 3) select the Lock option from the popup menu Do the same thing for all the dimension which you want. This will ensure the dimensional lock on the geometry that you have created.
Highlighted

I think i understood your problem.Just define the constraints properly then start giving dimensions with respect to the constrained entities so that no sketch will move.
Announcements