cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

display search path in wildfire 3.0

diggs
1-Newbie

display search path in wildfire 3.0

Is there a parameter to display search path on bottom of drawing in wildfire 3.0?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:diggs)

Jason,

you can download and use my script.

Good luck

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Jason,

if you want to show path to directory where the drawing is located, then I think it is not possible.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

i figured as much martin. so i just wrote a parameter and going to make the user write in the path each time

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Jason,

if you add the following option into your config.pro file, then you will see the path in the window title.

display_full_object_path YES

If you have some programming knowledge, then (I hope) you can use AutoIt software and create a script which takes the path from window title and put it into specific parameter. Such script can be launched using ProE/Creo mapkey.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I don't have to much programming knowledge. Would you mind walking me through how to set it up? I did download Autolt and I have the display path set up in my config file.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Jason,

if you do not have programming knowledge, then it is difficult to explain to you (for me) how to use AutoIt. Simply said ... firstly you have to have a list of actions which form repeating procedure done by you interactivelly ... secondly you have find AutoIt functions which perform the same actions automatically.

I can try to create a script for you if you give me accurate specification. I need to to see some video showing how to do manual modification of parametr value -OR- some pictures and textual explanation.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

parameter+list.JPG

this is all i really have. i just created a parameter called file_path. for my drawing templates i just typed in &file_path

eventaully i would like to create 6 different size templates called "a" "b" "c" "d" "d1" and "e". I hope that helps

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Jason,

now I understand that:

1.) every part (maybe every assembly, too) contains parameter named FILE_PATH

I guess that the drawing is located in the same directory as its part.

2.) in your drawing format there is a table cell containing parameter callout, ie. &FILE_PATH

Unfortunatelly I do not know how to discover the path. I need to know the source of this information.

Is it displayed in window tile of the model, when you set config.pro option ... display_full_object_path YES ?

-OR-

Is it identical with current working directory ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

the drawing is (will be) set in the same directory as its part. it is displayed in the window tile and identical with the current working directory

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Jason,

I'll be back in the office on 22-April-2014.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin and Jason,

To keep this moving along until Martin is back ... you'll need to try some simple things with AutoIt to understand how to use it.

AutoIT has a function called WinList and an attached example in the help file for it:

#include <Array.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
; Retrieve a list of window handles using a regular expression. The regular expression looks for titles that contain the word SciTE or Internet Explorer.
Local $aWinList = WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.*SciTE.*|.*Internet Explorer.*)]")
_ArrayDisplay($aWinList)
EndFunc ;==>Example

You can copy and paste their example from the help file for WinList into SciTE and run the script from there.

For your needs, you are searching for a window with the word "Active" and "ENGINEER" in the title.

Start AutoIt; it automatically opens a blank page; copy the following and paste it into the AutoIt window:

#include <Array.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
; Retrieve a list of window handles using a regular expression. The regular expression looks for titles that contain the word Active and ENGINEER.
Local $aWinList = WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.*Active.*&.*ENGINEER.*)]")
_ArrayDisplay($aWinList)
EndFunc ;==>Example

I'm rusty with regex, but I think this will work; in regex a "." matches any character and "*" matches multiples of the preceding character.

You run the script from Tools/Run; it automatically saves before it runs. I'm away from my AutoIt install, but tonight I can get better descriptions.

Got to the computer with AutoIt; to run the script it's under the AutoIt menu Tools/Go. (Run is from VBA.)

Before it can run the script needs to be saved with a ".au3" suffix.

I hope you can give this a try, because a lot of things are so much easier with a decent scripting tool available.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Jason,

you can download and use my script.

Good luck

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

that worked, thanks Martin

Hello to all,

I have created version of the script for Creo Parametric 2.0 for Joe Grant.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags