cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

draging extrusion only allow 0.100 increments

jcook-2
1-Newbie

draging extrusion only allow 0.100 increments

When I drag an extrusion the dimension will only change by 0.100 inches.  Therefore, if I have an extrusion of 0.500 inches and I want to drag the size of the extrusion with the mouse the extrusion will only change to 0.600 to 0.700 to 0.800 etc.  I want to be able to drag the extrusion and have the dimension change by .005.  Is there a configuration that I need to change?  I tried setting the comp_snap_dist_tolerance to .005.  This did not work.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:jcook-2)

I think you can do this by changing the config.pro options about handle movement intervals:

angle_grid_interval,

centimeter_grid_interval,

inch_grid_interval

etc...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The dimensional extrusion is based  on the number of decimal places that you use in the part modeling.

It can be controlled using the config " default_dec_places".

I am not sure if it can be controlled as an incremental value for each drag.

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:jcook-2)

I think you can do this by changing the config.pro options about handle movement intervals:

angle_grid_interval,

centimeter_grid_interval,

inch_grid_interval

etc...

Thank you!

Top Tags