cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

drawing version

MichalLukac
4-Participant

drawing version

Hello,

I would like to have a note in a drawing to display last version of the drawing. I can do it manually, every time I'll do changes I'll change the note too.

But is there e.g. some system parameter that will increment every time the drawing is stored? Or may be the actual date would be ok.

The $todays_date parameter doesn't work this way...

In creo3

Thanks for help

Michal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MichalLukac)

Do you used PDMLink?  It creates a parameter called PTC_WM_MODIFIED_ON that you can add to a note

&PTC_WM_MODIFIED_ON:D for the drawing.

Other than without PDMLink, I would probably make a mapkey to add and/or revise the note. you could use &todays_date for that

MichalLukac
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

No I don't use PDM.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:MichalLukac)

Generally, having nice-looking tracking of versioning is done via PDM.  Some possibilities for working without that:

1) Have a note in your drawing (or drawing template), name it VER_NOTE, text &dwg_version, and a parameter dwg_version with whatever format of version string you like.  Then you could have a mapkey using Find to select the note by name VER_NOTE, and doing Edit Value to prompt for the new version, (possibly then saving the drawing, in which case it could be used as the way you should save the drawing).

2) Similar, but have the note &todays_date, and the mapkey replaces its text with &todays_date, if all you need is a datestamp.

Top Tags