cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

.dxf Export & import not successful in Creo Schematic.

GopiGanesh
1-Newbie

.dxf Export & import not successful in Creo Schematic.

When ever i am trying to import or Export a Block symbol its not exporting successful.

I like to create a same kind of shape with or without terminals...

Making of a block symbol is not so easy in this tool....because the drafting is not easy like pro-e.

so i used to create symbols in pro-e & i ll export as .dxf. the i ll import in Creo schematic.

some time if i want to copy the same symbol for another shape....there is no option to copy and paste .

in this case if we try to export the same symbol as .dxf. that is also not working.

Please refer the attachment to see the error. I am expecting some simple ideas to copy a symbol to reuse many times.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Gopi,

Have you filed this bug with tech support? My guess is that an internal error is preventing the import but they'd really need a trail file to reproduce it and fix it (with the DXF that causes the problem).

FYI (using Creo Schematics 2.0) I was able to successfully export and import a DXF file so the functionality does exist - it may be a problem specific to your case.

Regards,

Martin

Top Tags