cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

evaloutline issue

Manjunath
12-Amethyst

evaloutline issue

Hi all,

I want to retrieve  bounding box dimension of a model. I use IpfcSolid.Evaloutline(), but the return value dosent reflect the actual size. I have attached the image of results for 600X325X10 outline calculation. Kindly throw some light why there is a deviation. This is not the same when I use IpfcSolid.Geomoutline().

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

According to the vbapi documentation regarding EvalOutline, only coordinate systems, axes and points can be excluded.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

I guess no user knows how IpfcSolid.Evaloutline() works. I think it returns expected values when your model is simple brick. When your model has complex shape then it returns unexpected values.

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Thanks for the reply. I could resolve the issue.

Thanks again

EvalOutline and GeomOutline both returns the bounding box extremities of a solid with some notable differences.

GeomOutline is a property of the solid. It always return the coordinates relative to the default coordinate system and it takes in consideration ALL entities (solid and non-solid).

If you have a coordinate system that is far away from the solid model it will affect your result.

EvalOutline give you the possibility to choose the coordinate system to use to report the coordinates. You need to pass the transformation matrix for that.

Also it has the option to filter out some of the non-solid items(coordinate systems, axes and points)

Gabriel ,

Thanks for the reply. 

Spoiler
"Also it has the option to filter out some of the non-solid items(coordinate systems, axes and points)"
I tried the above mentioned option, its working fine but I tried to exclude datum,its not excluding.
Please you share your thoughts on this...

According to the vbapi documentation regarding EvalOutline, only coordinate systems, axes and points can be excluded.

Top Tags