cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

flickering when changing texts in drawing

skleinschmidt
1-Newbie

flickering when changing texts in drawing

Hi @ all,

whenever I am creating 2D drawings of my parts I notice a really annoying flickering of the whole screen during changing texts (e.g. creating a note, changing notes in a table). It seems like Creo is waiting for keys and is refreshing the drawing all the time ( about 2 times per second). After a short time this causes headache and I would like to know how to get rid of this.

My Setup:

• core i3-2120@3.3GHz
  • 6 GB RAM
  • GeForce GT 610 (driver 368.69)
  • Windows10 Pro
  • Creo Parametric 3.0 M090

Thank you for any help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Hi,

check what graphics is used by Creo.

In Creo Parametric 2.0 click File > Help > System Information, go to Machine Information section and locate Creo Parametric Graphics Type item. What's the value of this item ?

MH

Martin Hanák

The graphics type is WIN32_GDI. The machine type is X86E_WIN64.

Hi,

graphics type = WIN32_GDI explains text flickering.

Check the contents of config.pro file(s). Look for graphics win32_gdi option. If you find it, remove it, start Creo and test its behavior. If it does not start with graphics type = OPENGL, then you are in troubles with graphics card.

MH

Martin Hanák

I couldn't find this option in my config.pro file. Are there other files to look for?

No.

Martin Hanák

That option won't be listed. Open the file called config.pro using notepad (or other non-formatting text editor) and add the line:

graphics win32_gdi

save the file.

Open Creo and see if the flickering is gone. If so, you have a graphics card issue. You may want to try updating your graphics drivers.

Don't forget to remove that line from your config.pro after testing.

Actually the graphics setting is already set to win32_gdi according to the information from the system information menu. So I guess adding the option graphics with the  value OPENGL should do the trick. I'll try that later

Hi,

you can add graphics OPENGL option into config.pro file. Unfortunatelly if Creo decides that your graphic card is not the right one, then it switches to win32_gdi automatically.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Sebastian,

Please take a look at the Platform Support page and select the release you are using in the By Product drop down, e.g. PTC Creo 2.0.  This will take you to the platform support page for Creo 2.0, where you can find your machine configuration and verify that you are using a certified and/or supported graphics card & driver version.

Thanks,

Amit

HiperScan
5-Regular Member
(To:skleinschmidt)

Ok I forgot to mention that I am using Creo via RemoteDesktop. That was also the cause for flickering. When launched at the CAD PC the flickering disappears and OPENGL is used by Creo.

Sorry and thank you all!

Kind of like saying you car is running poorly and failing to mention you filled it with kerosene.

Top Tags