cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

hide table cell contents in drawing

gcsillagh
3-Visitor

hide table cell contents in drawing

Dear All,

Is there any way to do the trick? Like the command "@O" for overriding dimension values...

I have a table with cells containing data based on model paramteres (mass, volume, etc), that I don't want to be displayed.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can create a repeat region parameter that will either display the desired value or display an alternate value.

Instead of the report entry being like asm.mbr.Parameter_name it will be something like rpt.param.Parameter_name

Steps: Create a repeat region relation:

if exists(asm_mbr_mass)

regionmass = asm_mbr_mass

if asm_mbr_name =="Not this one"

regionmass = "N/A"

endif

endif

Then the table symbol will be &rpt.param.regionmass.

You can use the exists() function to eliminate the test for name by either including a parameter only in the ones that are useable or only in those that are not; simple programming choice.

You'll need to check some of this; I'm away from my primary reference material collected from the scattered bits in Creo help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You could create a drawing layer & add tables to the layer, then hide them. The only problem i see with this is, you cannot hide individual table cells, only the whole table, but i guess it could work for you depending upon how your cells appear. You could just edit the height of the text within the cell, make it 0.0001 tall, thus making it not visible within the cell.

Regards

John

mender
6-Contributor
(To:gcsillagh)

Could you clarify just what you're looking for here?  Are you trying to scrub data from a drawing before giving it to someone who shouldn't know some things?  Maybe you have a repeat region where you call out the mass of each part, except you have a couple parts you want to leave out?  Something else?

Matthew Ender wrote:

Are you trying to scrub data from a drawing before giving it to someone who shouldn't know some things?

Sort of.

The model is rough. It is in test phase without radii, drafts, etc. For evaluation only. If the mass is included in the drawing it might mislead the customer due to the weight difference between rough cut and finished state.

mender
6-Contributor

Interesting.  Consider putting a 'For evaluation only - geometry and mass properties not final' or such note on instead?  If it were me, I'd be saving a copy of the drawing to provide as the evaluation, and then you could 'RMB>Delete Contents' on the appropriate cell (or region template row cell), or perhaps change it from a callout to the plain text TBD or the like.  If you are keen to have future versions built from this one, then the suggestion of changing the text style > height to something extremely small would be my next choice.

Search for repeat region relations... you can do just about anything with them.

Good luck.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

So the simple answer is to just delete the columns you don't want to display.

If you are giving a paper copy or pdf copy of the drawing, redact (blackout the cells you don't want them to see)

As David said, repeat region relations will do what you want but they can be hard to figure you if you've never used them.

If you took a screenshot of your table and attached the image to your post, you will likely get more specific answers.

You can create a repeat region parameter that will either display the desired value or display an alternate value.

Instead of the report entry being like asm.mbr.Parameter_name it will be something like rpt.param.Parameter_name

Steps: Create a repeat region relation:

if exists(asm_mbr_mass)

regionmass = asm_mbr_mass

if asm_mbr_name =="Not this one"

regionmass = "N/A"

endif

endif

Then the table symbol will be &rpt.param.regionmass.

You can use the exists() function to eliminate the test for name by either including a parameter only in the ones that are useable or only in those that are not; simple programming choice.

You'll need to check some of this; I'm away from my primary reference material collected from the scattered bits in Creo help.

Are you trying to keep a Family Table column from appearing on the drawing? If so, you can filter out that specific column.

Once the table has been placed on the drawing, select the following:

Table > Repeat Region > Filters > [Select the Family Table on the drawing] > By Rule > Add

In the dialog box, enter the following: &fam.inst.param.name!= <Parameter Name in the Family Table>  (without the symbols < >)

Click the green check mark twice. If the text was entered correctly, the column will disappear.

Thank you all for the tips.

The ultimate solution might be the one suggested by David, but shrinking text is a viable alternative as a temporary fix.

Top Tags