cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

how do I keep angular dimensions where they are?

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

how do I keep angular dimensions where they are?

When I create angular dimensions (in sketcher), then zoom in or out, the angular dimensions zoom off screen with light-speed. What is the function of this and more important, how do I lock angular dimension so that they stay where I placed them just like normal dimensions?

Using Creo 2.0 M-havetorestart5xperday-90.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bp)

I have to move them really close to their origin. They do move exponentially for some reason. I thought there was a config.pro "maintain dimension within the view" option somewhere.

Antonius, I've never see that option, but there is "dim_offscree_limit" I'm not sure how it functions, but here is the description from creo. It might be worth a shot.

"If more then zero, sets the margin beyond which dimensions are automatically snapped back onto the screen. For example, a value of .2 lets a dimension be 20% of the window size outside the window. If set to zero, disables snapping of off screen dimensions."

I haven't tried this yet, but I think what its saying is that if the value is .2 a dimension is allowed to be outside the view window by 20% of the screen size, I would think setting it to zero woudl at least keep all the dimensions on the screen. The default for Creo is .2, I just changed mine to 0. I will report back after I see what this change does.

My interpretation is that it sets the limit for how far dims can be off screen. .2 means up to 20% off screen, Creo ignores it and leaves it there. Beyond 20%, it snaps it back on screen. If set to zero, however, Creo does nothing to bring dims back on screen regardless of how far out they are.

That said, I've had this set at 0.01 for years and my angle dims behave just like described above. Perhaps this only applies to linear dims? I don't recall having to find them as often.

I can't help but wonder why this setting exists.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags