cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

how to create a table in the annotate module (MDB)

Vermont_95
12-Amethyst

how to create a table in the annotate module (MDB)

hallo we are working to start stopping 2D drawing for some parts, so all informations today in our 2d must be in the 3d We have a table above the drawing, with all informations about revsion, reason of modifications, dates and author in a .drw I just a table how can I have also this in the 3d in the annotate module? I tried with a Note but the tabulation is not easy thanks for your help regards Veronique
5 REPLIES 5

@Vermont_95 wrote:
hallo we are working to start stopping 2D drawing for some parts, so all informations today in our 2d must be in the 3d We have a table above the drawing, with all informations about revsion, reason of modifications, dates and author in a .drw I just a table how can I have also this in the 3d in the annotate module? I tried with a Note but the tabulation is not easy thanks for your help regards Veronique

Hi,

I'm afraid the only option is putting TAB character to align "columns".

Martin Hanák

Hi There,

Thanks for making me think about this. I don't have the full solution yet but I do think i can get you there. I did a quick experiment and created a Custom Symbol (see picture attached). You can sketch a table as a symbol and you can also add text to that symbol as I have shown.

The bit I can't quite remember how to do is to make the text as variables on the symbol (like you get with weld symbols etc)also you should try to get the insertion position to be repeatable so you can align the boxes well.

Ideally have one symbol that is your header with the description ID rev etc and another that you can add variable text to so you can enter each revs information.

I will work on this a little today as I think it will be worthwhile for many things in MDB that CREO/PTC just don't seem to be concerned with.

Also when inserting make Flat to screen, Symbol can be scaled to make it look ok for each part/assembly

Hope you follow my example.

Hi, 

See this youtube video of how to create symbols. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJrea53xtG8

Key is to have \text\ the backslash makes the text a variable in your symbol. just draw some lines on a grid to create your boxes and then populate your text.

I have added my version (could be a bit tidier, but shows the principal)

Cheers Roy.

If you need to create custom drawing symbol and set up some symbol preferences - here is the short video tutorial for you Tags: #creo #creoparametric #creotutorial #tutorial #4kside #vpalffy #vladimirpalffy

Hello Thanks! We have already some symbols like this in our library. but I wanted to avoid symbols as much as possible in our 3D because of the export let me explain if I export my part in step (whatever the application protocole) I get all my symbols, notes, and dimensions in the step but not all tabs(combined state) And in Creo View 4.0 ( does not work in 5.1) I see everything on one big layer this is a bit messy I need to be sur in all tab combined that symbols, notes, and dimensions are not overlapping! see attached file If I export as a PVZ I can still see all tabs (conbined states ) that I made BUT all symbols are gone see attached file I am still working on the best tool / export format to make all, tabs, dimensions, notes, and symbols visible mais unfortunatly I did not finf it yet I found also tables quite handy because I can make mapkeys to automatically fill them with and Excel file :-) gr Veronique

Sorry I cannot help you on the other issues.

I don't think Step supports combined states it's essentially a dumb block with some parameters if configured that way, so you will be very restricted there.

On PVZ files I'm a bit rusty but you need to use rcpedit.exe to define the exported features. Good luck with that too.

Top Tags