cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

how to do multiple sections with creo 2.0 on drawings

dyabar
1-Newbie

how to do multiple sections with creo 2.0 on drawings

Hi Guys,

I am new using Creo 2.0, and I am coming form Catia V5 R24. I am struggling with some drawing with creo. I want to make a projected view sectioned on different levels, so I can show two different detailed views in the same projected view. Is it that possible? With Catia there is a tool that allows you to track a line and project it directly, is it that the same procedure? I cannot find the way

Thanks in advance

David

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

David,

to show two x-sections in one view, you have to display the firest one as Full and second one as Local.

MH

Martin Hanák
mender
6-Contributor
(To:dyabar)

A picture might help explain what exactly you are looking for here.  If you want the whole view to be showing xsec A, except for a portion which is showing xsec B, then do it with Full for A and Local for B, as MH noted.  If you want the view generally to be not sectioned, with a portion sectioned with A and a different portion with B, then use Local for each.

To the second question, I'm not quite sure what you are referring to, but I have a guess that you may mean a projection not in horizontal/vertical, but based on geometry, for example in ASME Y14.3-2003 Fig 21 'Partial Auxiliary View'.  If this is the case, the command (in the Layout tab) Auxiliary View.  If you mean something else, perhaps you could show a picture of the desired result.

dyabar
1-Newbie

First of all, thanks for your fast answer.

In the end, a college at work helped me and here I show you what I meant. I am getting used to Creo and I find it quite challenging because it works from a different way that I am used to with catia V5

I spent quite a lot of days looking for some tutorial about it but i didn't found any one

seccion.PNG

drawing.PNG

Thanks

David

mender
6-Contributor

Ah, I understand now.  For those who may be reading the thread later, the question was about a single xsec that cuts different portions of the model at different depths, and the answer is when making the section, use Offset as opposed to Planar to define it.

If someone has a handy link to a tutorial video on the use of offset sections, that could be a useful addendum here.

Top Tags