cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

how to export each sheet as separate dxf from drawing file?

pzala
6-Contributor

how to export each sheet as separate dxf from drawing file?

I usually need to export dxf files. I would have a multisheet drawing file, and I would need to make a separate dxf from each sheet. Is there anyway I can do it automatically?  Any script or anything else?

I want to export multiple dxf files with one click. Also can I export dxf without border line? I just need drawing view not borders. Is there anyway to stop borders being drawn in export dxf file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BillChapman
12-Amethyst
(To:pzala)

Yes but my mapkey does not do this, you will have to modify it or create a new one that does this first.  You can shut off the format with the "Show format" check box shown below.  This is found in the layout tab of the drawing.  show format.pngcheck box 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BillChapman
12-Amethyst

I do this with a mapkey.  Start on page one of the drawing and run the mapkey below

mapkey dxf @MAPKEY_NAMEOutputs mutiple sheet DXF files;@MAPKEY_LABELMDXFM;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `file_saveas` `type_option`;~ Close `file_saveas` `type_option`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `file_saveas` `type_option` 1 `db_137`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_saveas` `OK`;~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `ok`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 2 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 2 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `file_saveas` `type_option`;~ Close `file_saveas` `type_option`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `file_saveas` `type_option`1 `db_137`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_saveas` `OK`;~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 3 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 3 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Exit `file_saveas` `ph_shortcuts.TB_Shortcuts`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 4 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 4 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 5 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 5 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 6 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 6 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 7 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 7 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 8 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 8 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 9 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 9 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 10 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 10 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 11 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 11 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 12 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 12 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 13 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 13 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 14 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 14 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 15 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSwitchSheet` 15 ;~ Command `ProCmdModelSaveAs` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `export_2d_dlg` `OK_Button`;
!

pzala
6-Contributor
(To:BillChapman)

What about border? Is it possible to export without border?

BillChapman
12-Amethyst

Yes but my mapkey does not do this, you will have to modify it or create a new one that does this first.  You can shut off the format with the "Show format" check box shown below.  This is found in the layout tab of the drawing.  show format.pngcheck box 

pzala
6-Contributor

Thank you

I have one more question. How to create breakout view in drawing.6a0115711b8d26970b0192ac49da71970d.jpg

Thanks in advance.

psobejko
12-Amethyst

That can be done with work-region type of of simplified rep.

It is not straight-forward and is not part of Creo drawing package functionality.

Read more in: PTC on-line help

and also try this link (you might have to have PTC account to access this)

Work Region tutorial

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite

I tried to use the mapkey provided by you by converting my sheets to dwg format by using 'db_560' but could not get the anything

I tried the same (db_617)for pdf format and was able to do it.

Can you please help me out here?

Hi,

create the mapkey by yourself

Martin Hanák

this mapkey only export up to 15 sheet. Right??? Any more than that is not possible???

Your question kind of peaked my interest in how this could be done in CREOSON.  So I spent a little time coding up a quick solution for this as an example.

Attached is a web page that executes the transactions to the CREOSON Microserver to loop through all your Drawing Sheets and Export separate DXF Files. (aka... "Press a button - export all sheets to DXF").

Here is a video example of how the Web page works:

CREOSON - Export Drawing Sheets to DXFs

You must download CREOSON, get it running - and load the attached file into the "/web" directory.  

Then, once you have CREOSON's Microserver running, you can open this page up in a browser and run it from there.

Hope you find this useful... it is quite handy.

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite
(To:DavidBigelow)

Is there any way in which i can put the sheet name of my choice to the exported dxf/dwg/pdf files?

What if i put the desired name in the sheets tab below in the drawing file itself, can i use that name for the converted files?

Is there any way to do it??

ddhini
14-Alexandrite

Pzala - The Jlink will provide a exact solution for your problem.if you need help on jlink i will give the Solution.

Top Tags