cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

how to integrate the material cost + operation cost to get total cost

HARSHVARDHANPAN
1-Newbie

how to integrate the material cost + operation cost to get total cost

As we know on manufacturing a part, we take blank (Workpiece) and it will passes with various operation like (machening, boaring, shaping, drilling etc.) each operation contain its own charges($) for removing specified amount of material in specific time. so Material Cost of Each part + Machening Cost of each part = total cost

i wants to perform above work in proe -

first - how do i find the machining cost for each operation. so whenever i change the dimension of the part, part will get modify and metal removal also increase/decrease + operation performed (machening) will increase/decrease, on the basis of this total cost is modified - is that thing is possible in proe if yes then how do i perform it

please give me your suggestation

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Enter a paremter cost /kg. Enter the formula Material Cost= cost/kg* reported mass of the workpiece. So you get totl material cost. For welding you can also get the cost in that ways. Similarly when you get all the manufacring cost enter the relation total cost = material cost + process 1 cost +.. etc.

jayanta sir,

this answer is helpful for me but if i took one rectangular block, then i want to cut on15 (degree) a dovetail on the rectangular block by dovetail milling- so hear we apply milling operation so we consider milling machine cost

so it took machine cost + removed metal cost + part cost by cobining all that we get total cost.

please suggest how do i perform this, is this work should perform in creo or other module of manufacturing

I do not have manufacturing license currently on may machine , therefore I can not help step wise on that, I believe options are there you may need to trick the system. I have welding license, if you want to see cost on material and welding process i can show you.

dear sir

if you provide me so by the refrence of welding i will do that

thankyou sir.

Enter a paremter cost /kg. Enter the formula Material Cost= cost/kg* reported mass of the workpiece. So you get totl material cost. For welding you can also get the cost in that ways. Similarly when you get all the manufacring cost enter the relation total cost = material cost + process 1 cost +.. etc.

Sir as per this discussion we get the material cost and the process cost but sir how do i add this two cost (1. prt. cost + 2. welding cost) because we made a relation in different module and display it in the drawing template.

I have not got time to make the video or tutorial, could you please share the files so that i can try for the solution.

Top Tags