cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

how to revise a drawing from a to b

kbritzman
1-Newbie

how to revise a drawing from a to b

looking for the correct steps in revise ( promoting) a drawing from rev A to Rev B

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Using Windchill?

yes

I utilize some mapkeys to take some of the steps out and an Icon on a home tab to make it easier...

You can also do this thru windchill but this is the safer route until you understand Windchill more.

search for drawing in windchill and place (add) in new/existing workspace

open drawing in Pro

select File > Check in > Revise and Check out

make edits

to complete the cycle

Check in while drawing is still active:

File > Check in > Custom Checkin

I perfer this, I can control/see what is being done

It will ask you to save object > OK

it will ask what object types > models and viewables (we have the image generator running in windchill) > ok

A windchill checkin window will appear

If you are checking in a drawing/part for the first time, you may want to set the location if needed

you can select the folder in the top bar to apply for all the items selected or the folder at the end of each line for

individual placement options.

Once you selected the objects you wish to check in, select finish in the bottom right (other options are available but not

explained for this scenerio)

This will bring you back to your workspace.

Again, do a global search for the part you wish to promote (it is easier with the part) then select the part number.

this will bring you to the detail page of the part file within windchill

select from the pull down menu "actions" new > promotion request

You will go thru a series of options: Attributes, objects, and participants.  I don't know how your set up so I will only

address the objects.

in the objects, you part you selected is shown.

select the check box then pick the icon labeled collect objects.

In the new window, your part(s) should be listed.  select the check box next to the ones you wish to include in the object

collection then select the icon labeled collect related drawings.  .drw files should now be added to the list.

select the check box next to the files you wish to include then select ok at the bottom right of the window.

Back at the new promotion request window, all the objects (part/drawing) should be shown but all are not selected for

promotion.  this is depicted with the little stepping block icon immediately to the right of the check box.  select each check

box not showing the icon you wish to include then select the icon in the tool bar set object for promotion.

select finish

You should be back to the original detail window.  in the upper right, it should have changed status.

done.

Top Tags