cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

how to set default option while inserting / importing DXF ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

how to set default option while inserting / importing DXF ?

Hi,

We want to set default option while importing/inserting DXF file in creo drawing. We want to set below options:

1. Import dimensions - as separate entities

2. Create variable sheet size

3. create multi-line text

and if DXF font not getting in creo then take isofont as default. so please someone can help me to do this setting

FYI. below snap shows required options.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Prashant,

When I import a DXF into a drawing, the Create Variable Size Sheet & Create Multi-line text options are already selected by default.  But I'm not sure if it is possible to specify the default option for Import Dimensions.

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,

At my end only one option is got selected as default Create Variable size sheet, so have you done any setting to set as default for Create multi-line text and create variable size sheet.

Also I want to know currently whatever dxf not getting font it apply "font" as default so i want "isofint" instead of "font"

so please can you help.

Thanks,

Prashant

uklemme
5-Regular Member
(To:ppandarkar-2)

Hi Prashant,

you can control the dialogue options with config entries as follows:

intf2d_in_dim AS_SEP_ENT --> imports dimensions as 2D elements, AS_IS would import "real" dimensions, AS_SYM would create a symbol out of every dimension

intf2d_in_create_multiline_note yes/no

intf_use_variable_size yes/no

There are lots more of other settings for this dialogue, just have a look at the configuration options:

BR,

Uwe

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone
(To:uklemme)

Thanks Uwe.

It works for given option. Thank you very much for the help.

I want to know, the options for "Text Font". As currently creo takes "font" if dxf used font is not available in creo font library.

So i want its default option should be "Isofont" instead of "font". Currently we need to map all the dxf font in dxf_import.pro but we have 1000 supplier and supplier having there own fonts which we dont know. So can we set this option for "isofont" as default.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

Top Tags