cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

how to turn on neon effects for selected feature or dimension lines

wchegal
1-Newbie

how to turn on neon effects for selected feature or dimension lines

As captured picture below, how can I turn on neon effects for selected feature or dimension lines?

Thank you.

capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can turn on this option by inserting the following line in config.pro

enable_selection_glow yes

Thanks to James Lim in Digitek for giving this tip to me.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

capture2.JPG

Interesting... we have neon? 

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Highlighted? (translation?)

You can turn on this option by inserting the following line in config.pro

enable_selection_glow yes

Thanks to James Lim in Digitek for giving this tip to me.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:wchegal)

Interesting, I'm on creo 3 and that option doesn't show up

It is a hidden option. Just type it in your config.pro with text editor.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Ahhhh, thanks!

Does anyone have a link to creo 3 "hidden" config.pro options?  the last one I have is oooooooold.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Patriot_1776)

I use Olaf Corten's Search Pro/ENGINEER config.pro options utilities to find options.

**There was just a post on the system admin section about a list...Creo 4 Config Options - now .csv

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That's a very interesting feature. I'm not sure I like it but I'll try it a little while to see

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:StephenW)

I just tried it, and I'm kinda diggin' it!  Got a separate config_test.pro I manually load so I can switch back and forth, but so far, me likey!  I also made a quick Excel file of that page with ALL creo 3 configs, so I can post that if needed.

Thanks guys!

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Works in Creo 2 as well, at least in M230.  Not sure how I feel about it, but I'm going to give it a shot.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:dgschaefer)

I haven't used it much yet, but am liking it.  These old eyes need a little more highlight.

I posted all this here at work for all the ex-SW users now using Pro/E, maybe that will eliminate SOME of the whining.... 

Ok, so, I wasn't able to see any change in drawing mode, though it was a quick check.  where I think I like it the most, is in sketcher mode.  It REALLY highlights constraints, sketched entities, and other objects well.  Again, just a quick test in sketcher, but I think I like this setting!

mcestnik
13-Aquamarine

For those that are using neon effect here are some extra neon display control options:

glow_blur_radius     1

glow_blur_sigma     internal

glow_blur_type        internal

glow_line_width      2

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:mcestnik)

The problem with hidden configs, is that there is no explanation as to what they do.  I tried the above configs, and didn't like them.

glow_blur_type:

• 1 fading glow, further from line, less intense
  • -1 flat glow, more like a wide-transparent flat line behind selected object  (my preference now)

glow_blur_radius:

• width of the blur, but is dependent on the glow_line_width

glow_line_width:

• width of the base highlight line that is blurred.  when blur-radius = 1 the selection will be wide and opaque.  when blur-radius larger, the glow-line will be more transparent but the wider the line_width the more opaque the highlight appears.

glow_blur_sigma:

• [edit] default value was 6.3.
  • 0 gives no highlight
  • 1 barely any glow, only a thicker line
  • 3 starts to show a glow
  • 6 default look
  • 12 getting toward a more flat look
  • 24+ gives same basic effect to the glow_blur_type -1

sigma adjustment from 0-24+

2016-12-30_08h27_29.gif

Some examples of different values when changed.  Also note, I have my "selection color" set to a neon green because the magenta selection color is not as "highlighty" to my taste.

2016-12-30_07h59_24.png

2016-12-30_07h59_41.png

2016-12-30_08h00_27.png

2016-12-30_08h01_04.png

2016-12-30_08h01_34.png

2016-12-30_08h04_21.png

2016-12-30_08h04_47.png

2016-12-30_08h06_22.png

2016-12-30_08h05_18.png

2016-12-30_08h06_57.png

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II