cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

import complex eps logo files for extrusion and IGS/STP output

nickym
4-Participant

import complex eps logo files for extrusion and IGS/STP output

I want to be able to import my hi res eps logo. It is done at size in Illustrator. I want to import it as a sketch and do a simple extrude with a possible bevel. This is very easy in mesh software, but I can;t seem to get it to work in Creo3. I don't want it re-interpreted either. I want the exact curves in the file imported. I read the logo article, but it was more for text based logos. We want all our custom parts to have our team logo on them. I could export the main part into another 3d program, but there has got to be a way to do it correctly in Creo3 so I could output the STP/IGS files for actual injection molding. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:nickym)

EPS = Encapsulated Postscript. There doesn't seem to be an import facility for those, but Creo can import .ai, Adobe Illustrator, files directly. As an EPS it has already been 'reinterpreted' from the AI format into a lower quality version.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:nickym)

I've had good luck in importing vector art from DXF files.  You should be able to export from Illustrator to DXF and then import to Creo.  You cannot use the imported curves directly as a sketch, but you can create a sketch and project the DXF entities into the sketch.

You may want an intermediate program like Draftsight (free) to edit the DXF only to move it so a rational origin to make it easier to place on a coordinate system in Creo.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags