cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

missing holes in hole table

Ankana43
5-Regular Member

missing holes in hole table

I have a part that has 5 M3 x 0.5 tapped holes. Only 4 of them show up in the hole table I created in a drawing.

I have deleted and recreated the hole table several times. Same result. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ankana43
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Try this one.

Thanks again

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Ankana43)

What software and version/build?

What does this have to do with a Data Exchange issue?

Please be careful and place your questions in the proper category!

Ankana43
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Pardon me, I'm new to this forum. Didn't mean to violate protocol.

Check to make sure that all of your holes are created on the same surface as the origin of the hole table. If you have holes going in from top and bottom and the origin is created with the top surface as a reference, the hole table will only show holes that go in from the top surface.

We avoid hole tables for this reason... 

@Ankana43

Can you share file for review? 

Ankana43
5-Regular Member

Here are the files involved. there are 6 M3 x 0.50, only 4 show up on the table. I have tried deleting and replacing the holes among other things. The problem seems to be related to location? Also, do you know of a way to enter other than the default decimal places not all holes require 3 place decimal, I would like some of them to be 2 place decimal. I'd like to be able to add tolerances to a few of them also. Thanks in advance for your help.

Unable to open drawing as it is reporting for missing mrf-07-171-02_brkt_carr_pln/mrf-07-171-03_brkt_carr_pln/mrf-07-171-04_brkt_carr_pln

Ankana43
5-Regular Member

Try this one.

Thanks again

Ankana43
5-Regular Member

I think I just found the problem. I didn't model this part so I was unaware that the hole in question was originated on the opposite side of the part thus it din't share the coordinate system used to orient the hole table.

Thanks all who answered.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You cannot get all 6 'J' holes in the table! As mentioned by Tdaugherty, 2 of those holes are on a different surface than the 4 in your chart.

BTW - In your notes, your reference to ANSI Y14.5(M) is incorrect. The proper name is ASME Y14.5-<year>. It has not been an ANSI spec since about 1973. The (M) was removed with the 2009 spec. The year is required so people know which version of the spec you are referring to. 

Provo Craft? Is this a part of a Cricut machine?

@Ankana43

Change the placement surface for Hole 10 and hole 12, reason is as suggested by @Tdaugherty

Top Tags