cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

model_detail_option_file Creo 2.0 option should assign a chosen 3D.dtl to all newly opened objet

NicolasBourgeoi1
13-Aquamarine

model_detail_option_file Creo 2.0 option should assign a chosen 3D.dtl to all newly opened objet

The model_detail_option_file option should assign a chosen 3D.dtl when opening an object created before Creo 2.0.

Actually, Creo 2.0 assigns the default 3D_inch.dtl to all newly opened objet. We need 3D_metric.dtl.

The model_detail_option_file option is only valid for empty objects.

3d_inch.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Could you more explain how does it work? At this moment I am not able to change arrow style for 3D annotation on my parts. I am using metric system.

Thank you

Radovan

Software consultant.

I would love to see a dialog on the "open file" page to include an "open with" option to choose the config that should be applied.

The danger, of course, is that you could overwrite some complex configuration in a part/assembly or drawing where several critical folder path configurations are over-written, for instance.

For those that know what they're doing, a batch process should be run to replace the current config.dtl with a new.dtl.  I am not even certain that this cannot already be done with the toolkit.

I am not certain I understand the original idea here.  If your start part already has the new.dtl file you want, all is good; if you use a metric template, does it not already have the 3D_metric.dtl read into it?  Maybe you could expand on the thought and how you would propose the change.  More concise information is better to formulate an idea.

Antonius,

- Our 3D templates have 3D_metric.dtl assigned = OK

- Creating an empty component, and the model_detail_option_file  option (path to 3D_metric.dtl) will assign the defined 3D_metric.dtl to the object = OK

The problem that we can have here in Europe is in simply opening old Wildfire objects for example, and it is the 3D_inch.dtl (in text folder) that is assigned by default and not the 3D_metric.dtl nor the model_detail_option_file option path to the 3D_metric.dtl.

Risk here is to “pollute” European objects with 3D_inch.dtl

Workaround is to name 3D_metric.dtl  in 3D_inch.dtl …

Hope you understand the explanation.

Nicolas

Ps. Suggested to Radovan to take contact with PTC Hotline for more help on the subject.

Top Tags