cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

model relation

thlavinka
1-Newbie

model relation

Hello, I have a question regarding relations:

I use following relation in model to show raw material dimensions in drawing BOM.

if NORMA == "9000010"

ROZMER = "-"

else

ROZMER="PL" + ITOS(LENGTH:FID_MEASURE_LENGTH_1) + "-" + ITOS(DISTANCE:FID_MEASURE_DISTANCE_1) + "X" + ITOS(DISTANCE:FID_MEASURE_DISTANCE_2)

endif 

For normalized parts of a family table I need to suppress those dimensions by relation which filters all parts with a parameter "NORMA" stating with 90000 (not only 9000010).

Thanks in advance

Tom

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:thlavinka)

Zdravím do Pelhřimova,

Greatings to Pelhrimov,

don´t know your exact situation, but will give you some generall tips.

Generall ideas:

- Is NORMA string or integer? Perhaps it is string type.

- you got some company NORMAs standards, that you have to insert in ProE logical relations ---> does it need more complex relation?

- what FORMs can be parameter NORMA? ---> Exampes: DIN933; CSN EN; 900010 and other internal company standards... ---> is my relation enough inteligent? ---> will be 100% funcionality in each possibilities options?

01) STRING type relation:

Princip:

- use EXTRACT function

- use help parameter NORMA_CATAGORY

- see ProE help or PTC community for more informations

Relation:

NORMA_CATEGORY=extract(NORMA,1,3)

IF NORMA_CATEGORY=="900"

ROZMER = "ABC"

ELSE

ROZMER="---"

ENDIF

Norma-string_type.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02) INTEGER type relation:

Princip:

- use standard mathematical logic ---> IS it greater than 9000 AND smaller than 10000 ?

Relation:

IF NORMA >= 9000 & NORMA < 10000

ROZMER = "ABC"

ELSE

ROZMER = "---"

ENDIF

Norma-integer_type.jpg

Hope it can helps you.

Greatings

Milan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Since NORMA is a string, you can use the SEARCH() function to see if part of it exists.  For example,

IF SEARCH(NORMA, "90000") > 1

ROZMER = ""

ELSE

IF NORMA == "9000010"

ROZMER = "-"

ELSE

ROZMER="PL" + ITOS(LENGTH:FID_MEASURE_LENGTH_1) + "-" + ITOS(DISTANCE:FID_MEASURE_DISTANCE_1) + "X" + ITOS (DISTANCE:FID_MEASURE_DISTANCE_2)

ENDIF

ENDIF

thlavinka
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Tom,

Thank you for so quick answer.

I tried to write a relation according to you, but the result is still the same. Below I put a printscreen of drawing boom where all three items with numbers in collumn "NORMA" should have "-" in collumn "ROZMER"

2016-03-05_190339.jpg

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Is Rozmer a parameter in your model, or only in the repeat region?  If you look at the cell properties at the top of that column, does it show something like &asm.mbr.Rozmer or &rpt.rel.Rozmer?

thlavinka
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

It is a model parameter ( &asm.mbr.Rozmer)

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Zdravím do Pelhřimova,

Greatings to Pelhrimov,

don´t know your exact situation, but will give you some generall tips.

Generall ideas:

- Is NORMA string or integer? Perhaps it is string type.

- you got some company NORMAs standards, that you have to insert in ProE logical relations ---> does it need more complex relation?

- what FORMs can be parameter NORMA? ---> Exampes: DIN933; CSN EN; 900010 and other internal company standards... ---> is my relation enough inteligent? ---> will be 100% funcionality in each possibilities options?

01) STRING type relation:

Princip:

- use EXTRACT function

- use help parameter NORMA_CATAGORY

- see ProE help or PTC community for more informations

Relation:

NORMA_CATEGORY=extract(NORMA,1,3)

IF NORMA_CATEGORY=="900"

ROZMER = "ABC"

ELSE

ROZMER="---"

ENDIF

Norma-string_type.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02) INTEGER type relation:

Princip:

- use standard mathematical logic ---> IS it greater than 9000 AND smaller than 10000 ?

Relation:

IF NORMA >= 9000 & NORMA < 10000

ROZMER = "ABC"

ELSE

ROZMER = "---"

ENDIF

Norma-integer_type.jpg

Hope it can helps you.

Greatings

Milan

Greetings from Brno 🙂

Meanwhile I have already done a simple relation like following:

IF NORMA == "-"

ROZMER="PL" + ITOS(LENGTH:FID_MEASURE_LENGTH_1) + "-" + ITOS(DISTANCE:FID_MEASURE_DISTANCE_1) + "X" + ITOS (DISTANCE:FID_MEASURE_DISTANCE_2)

ELSE

ROZMER="-"

ENDIF

....that is enough for that case but thank you very much for the EXTRACT function explanation which I can use for another ones.

Tom

Top Tags