cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

outputting a drawing file to DWG

ptc-4326108
1-Newbie

outputting a drawing file to DWG

Moderators feel free to move this to a different zone if this isnt the correct place for the question.

Typically I export all of my drawings as PDFs for sending to customers/machining. I do however have situations that require me to export a DWG or DXF file for direct input into a cnc or similiar situation. My issue is that every time I try this, the files are not correct. Either they are missing views, data, dimensions etc.

Does anyone have some general thoughts on this process and what is the best method for doing this? I am using CREO 1.0. Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4326108)

What is the logo in your drawings? Is it a .jpg? Is it vector scalable graphics. I think AutoCAD will have issues if the logo is artwork versus vector graphics.

Thanks, Dale

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

To which version of .dwg or .dxf are you exporting?

I know its an older version, but I have not had an issues exporting to R14 for both.

Thanks, Dale

most of my vendors use Autocad 2008 so thats what I export to. I just tested it on a file. The third angle projection view turned out but any isometric view displays as text for a file as well as my logo.

Edit: What causes the views to fail is that I had the display set to shaded (with edges). changing them to hidden line allows the isometric view to show. How can I embed the logo into the drawing though so it isnt text and a separate file?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Do you have the isometric views as wireframe or solids in your drawing? I have had issues here when if the view is not wireframe then others have an issue. Just a thought.

Thanks, Dale

thanks Dale. I just updated the last post. Changing them from solids to hidden line does allow them to show. The logo thing though would be nice to figure out

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

What is the logo in your drawings? Is it a .jpg? Is it vector scalable graphics. I think AutoCAD will have issues if the logo is artwork versus vector graphics.

Thanks, Dale

Ahhh.. that stinks. The logo is a BMP as I had problems in the past with JPEGS displaying correctly in the drawing format. I tried converting to an SVG and the logo becomes very distorted. Thanks for the help. At least now I know what the problem is.

Top Tags