cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

pro engineer/ intralink export

ptc-3890994
1-Newbie

pro engineer/ intralink export

I am working with pro/e wildfire with intralink 3.4. I wanted to take an assembly and export the associated part files and drawings out of intralink to give to somebody on a usb pen drive.

I tried to use the backup function within pro/e but that seems not to backup the associated drawing files.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

1. From the workspace which contains the files (ie .drw, .prt, .asm, etc.) select all the files you wish to export.

2. From the pull down menu select "Object", "Export to", "disk"

3. An "Export to Disk" dialogue box will apper and specify the path for the files to be saved and select "OK"

4. The files will now be saved to the specified locaiton and process is complete.

You might want to save it to the local hard drive first to expedite the files being saved then move it to the pen drive.

thanks that has seemed to have worked. As i have quite a big assembly, it took quite a few minutes and then i got an error message on screen "an error occured on import/export" then when i close the dialogue box and i go to the folder where i have copied the files, all the files seem to be there if i take a quick glance down. Although i will have to check the files all exist. Don't understand why i get the error message though.

Top Tags