cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

"Do not export" wires doesn't work!

aturcat
6-Contributor

"Do not export" wires doesn't work!

Hi everyone,

I am working on autorouting using Creo Schematics 3.0 in order to create the xml file. Problem is that when I add the parameter "do not export" to a wire (the parameter being set to "true"), it still wants to export it. When I go in "validate xml" it says that I didn't define any spools for those wires, and in CreoParametric those wires are displayed when I try to route cables. Why is that? Knowing that the parameter "do not export" is set to true for those wires

(Notice that this parameter works perfectly fine with components)

Thank you for some help on this!!

Best regards

Ambroise.

3 REPLIES 3
glászló
4-Participant
(To:aturcat)

Hi!

I've tried this now. For me validation runs well, no errors, but the spool is in the XML and also the wire appears in the connection part of the XML (didn't load this to cabling, just spectated the XML file itself). So it appears, it doesn't work with wires, I used this too for components with good results, but this wire issue is annoying.

Regards,

Laszlo

aturcat
6-Contributor
(To:glászló)

Hi Laszlo,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I agree with you, if the wire you don't want to export has already a spool attributed to it, the error report will not mention it, but the wire will be present in the xml anyway (which is the real issue)

Therefore we can say that wires are not ruled by this parameter, which is annoying yes

Either we don't do something correct, or PTC should look into this bug and fix it! (Is there any way to report it efficiently?)

I appreciate your try to answer my question

Best regards,

Ambroise

glászló
4-Participant
(To:aturcat)

Ambroise,

You can always report issues via technical support, I guess that's the only option available right now. I got curious, because I never needed not to export fibers, so eventually it's good to know it wont work.

Best regards!

Laszlo

Top Tags