cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Set/add drawing" from drawing Shortcut menu.

SOLVED

"Set/add drawing" from drawing Shortcut menu.

When on a sheet of multiple details in a .drw file, I used to be able to switch between parts by right clicking the view I want, then the shortcut menu would give me the option to "set/add drawing model" to the current view.

I would be able to quickly change the model shown in the model tree to the new model I need.

This seems to have disappeared in Creo3.

Anyway to get it back?

I bet carpenters would just love it if their hammers changed every few years and they were worthless until they learned how to use the new ones.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Set/add drawing" from drawing Shortcut menu.

The ability to change the model/rep shown in the model tree by picking a view was not implemented in the change to the behavior of the Model Tree in Creo 3.  This was fixed in Creo 3 M030 as follows:  in the Model Tree, and in the RMB for a drawing view, adding a command Use Model In Tree.

Separately, there was a problem that caused some cases for Set/Add Drawing Model to be missing that command, notably in the RMB on the selection of a part in an assembly view.  This was cleaned up in Creo 3 M040.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I still get the SET/ADD DRAWING MODEL in my right click, unless the view is already on the currently active model. Creo 3 M040.

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

I'm using M020.

Here's a pic of what I'm looking for.

In this pic, the current model is set to the -84 part as shown in the model tree.

I want to set the -42 part to current.

I used to highlight the view of the -42 part and right click. The shortcut menu would then have and option "Set/add Drawing Model" option.

That appears to be missing in my version.

creo3.jpg

I have looked in the File>Options>Shortcut Menu and the option is listed under Compenent>Primary and it is checked.

But it is not listed under Drawing View>Primary,Object Commands or Properties.

And that where I need it.

Thanks for any help.

The ability to change the model/rep shown in the model tree by picking a view was not implemented in the change to the behavior of the Model Tree in Creo 3.  This was fixed in Creo 3 M030 as follows:  in the Model Tree, and in the RMB for a drawing view, adding a command Use Model In Tree.

Separately, there was a problem that caused some cases for Set/Add Drawing Model to be missing that command, notably in the RMB on the selection of a part in an assembly view.  This was cleaned up in Creo 3 M040.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the info.

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!