cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

"Show Model Annotations" dialog doesn't appear in Creo 2 Detailed Drawing

ptc-4424533
3-Visitor

"Show Model Annotations" dialog doesn't appear in Creo 2 Detailed Drawing

I've found an odd behavior in Creo 2 Drawing. When I want to Show Model Annotations, I need to start with nothing selected (not even a view). If I have a view selected then instead of opening the dialog box it just turns on all the annotations in that view! Whatever type I most recently used SMA to Show are all displayed. If I haven't got anything selected, then the dialog box opens as normal. The same automatically-show-all thing happens if I right-click the view name in the Drawing Tree and pick "Show Annotations"

I've found a way to get the dialog to appear, of course; I wanted to post here in case anyone else encounters this issue because it set me back for a little while.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike,

open your config.pro and try to find show_annotations_dialog_limit option.

Set show_annotations_dialog_limit 0

During my testing using this setting, I selected a view, pressed RMB and clicked SMA -> Creo 2.0 displayed the dialog and preview of annotations.

------------------------

Option description

------------------------

show_annotations_dialog_limit

Determines the minimum number of annotations that can be shown for the current selection before the Show Model Annotations dialog box opens.

Default and Available Settings:

0*—Always display all model annotations.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forum, Mike.

Does it show all the dimensions or does it merely preview all the dimensions?

In my case, it always brings up the dialog. There may be a setting in config for this.

This is the default Creo 2.0 M040 behavior:

Video Link : 5572

Mike,

open your config.pro and try to find show_annotations_dialog_limit option.

Set show_annotations_dialog_limit 0

During my testing using this setting, I selected a view, pressed RMB and clicked SMA -> Creo 2.0 displayed the dialog and preview of annotations.

------------------------

Option description

------------------------

show_annotations_dialog_limit

Determines the minimum number of annotations that can be shown for the current selection before the Show Model Annotations dialog box opens.

Default and Available Settings:

0*—Always display all model annotations.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin! That works exactly as I expected it should. I'll pass it on to our local admin!

Top Tags