cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen display problems on 28" 4k screen. line colors barely visible - slow moving

Re: screen display problems on 28" 4k screen. line colors barely visible - slow moving

If the CPU is busy during spinning, then either hardware acceleration isn't being used (win32_gdi) or PTC is wasting perfectly good graphics cards. It's possible the models you have aren't significant for the unlisted GPU you are using and the CPU activity is just busy polling the mouse.

Re: screen display problems on 28" 4k screen. line colors barely visible - slow moving

In ProE and in Creo Parametric, CPU is always busy during model spinning (this is my opinion). I have never read or heard detailed explanation (presented by PTC R&D expert) how ProE or Creo Parametric masters model spinning. Maybe this information is TOP SECRET .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

David Schenken wrote:

If the CPU is busy during spinning, then either hardware acceleration isn't being used (win32_gdi) or PTC is wasting perfectly good graphics cards.

It's a Quadro 4000; I'm pretty sure that none of the configs I use have the win32_gdi option; and framerate drops with model size, so I'd say it's the latter.

In fairness, Catia is not dissimilar - spinning a pretty simply model just now pegs the CPU at 28% (so one core flat-out, plus a bit), albeit with the GPU around 65% according to HWMonitor. A quick test of a very simple model in Creo gives 30% CPU and 8% GPU (if I wave the mouse around frantically); interestingly, a significantly larger assembly in Creo hits about 20% CPU and 55% GPU, and actually still feels very responsive.

Yeah, that's why I said well. And it's interesting that it says 4 but only has 2 DP ports. That is a LOT of pixels to push, and I am sure anything like email and youtube videos, etc would be fine.