cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

sheetmetal spline eliminate

bcat
8-Gravel

sheetmetal spline eliminate

hello

i am a problem

i make a sheetmetal part

i export in dxf and i have spline in flatt pattern , exist a posibility to eliminate this?

tks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:bcat)

You can create those sharp cuts and extensions in the flat state using Unbend, make the changes, and then Bend back. You may need to suppress the Bend back operation to see those cuts as lines. Since only straight cuts across bends can be straight lines I expect that all other cuts use splines to avoid lengthy computation to determine if lines, arcs, conics, or splines are to be used.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabrielZaha
12-Amethyst

From what i seen in your pictures, it looks like the angled transitions were created using a cut that is normal to the "Driving surface".

If this is the case you will need to redefine the cut as normal to surface.

srf_normal.png

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The spline is being generated because you have an angle through a bend.

Keep your bends straight sided and see if that helps.

bcat
8-Gravel
(To:BenLoosli)

is not a solution i need 45 degress bend

must be a solution for this

in practice i need a punch tool for spline in desired zone?

i export in autocad i delete spline and extends lines , in creo how make this?

dschenken
21-Topaz I

You can create those sharp cuts and extensions in the flat state using Unbend, make the changes, and then Bend back. You may need to suppress the Bend back operation to see those cuts as lines. Since only straight cuts across bends can be straight lines I expect that all other cuts use splines to avoid lengthy computation to determine if lines, arcs, conics, or splines are to be used.

Top Tags