cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

[solutions] - [proesys] - Export CAD from Windchill

davehaigh
11-Garnet

[solutions] - [proesys] - Export CAD from Windchill

Obviously if you want the drawing you would back up the drawing.
Same with export I would pick the drawing.

Why would you pick the assembly. I don't see the advantage?

David Haigh
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Disconnecting from the server only changes the server registry. It doesn't do other things you might want doing.

When connected to PDMLink the open save behavior should be different than when your disconnected.
file_open_default_folder workspace
vs
file_open_default_folder working_directory

In our environment there are many other configurations that are different depending on what windchill server/cache we are connected to.

If I'm connecting to a test server to test out a windchill upgrade, I don't want to corrupt my working cache with files from that environment.

David Haigh

Thank you for all the reply's so far. Let me clarify...

I'm trying to keep CREO and workspaces out of the equation.
This user only has access to Windchill via web browser.
He can see CAD files from his browser and wants select and download so he can email the CREO part/assy/dwg/ to a vendor who does have CREO but does not have access to our Windchill.

Thoughts/Suggestions???

Thanks,
Eric

I remember in the past when we had some outside collaborators, they were checking out from Windchill, without going through Creo.

The problem was there was a miss match in the iteration of the files.

For example the Creo file is say A.1 in your workspace and you check it in. Windchill now says it A.2, but the Creo file hasn't changed. If you check it out without using Creo, when you bring it up Creo's going to see it as A.1.

You need the workgroup manager to make that change when you add it to your workspace.

You just asking for problems. I'll bet this is why PTC took this ability away.

David Haigh
Top Tags